Monday, August 10, 2009

My "Song of Songs"


 Like a truth ~ I did not really understand.

Till now...  

This poem, dating back to my college years, still speaks to me.  

I found a rock upon the beach
A weather-beaten, battered rock
Who loved to stand and bear the waves
And greet the rushing waters - day by day.
I bound myself to that rock I found -
I could not tear myself away.
Two fearless lovers we became
And met the rushing waters in our way.
But rocky coast turns into sand
When time and waters have their way.
And two who stood to face the waves
Turned into sand and blew away.

"The souls of the virtuous are in the hands of God... In the eyes of the unwise, they did appear to die, but they are at peace."  [Wisdom 3:1-2,3]

1 comment:

TheraP said...

hiro:

It is never necessary to get permission in order to link. If you prefer that I delete your message (above) in order to keep your email private, please let me know.

Thank you for your interest in the blog. Though I have not written in a while, I do have some further things to post eventually.

Peace be with you.